Founding Director: Lloyd Dennis Gillespie
– Freelance Consultant for In the Company of Horses – Equine Consulting –
– FGASA Lead Horse Guide Dangerous Game and Trails Guide –
– CEEPSA Professional Equestrian Coach International –
– EQASA Certificate of Horsemastership & Equestrian Tourism International –
– Author of “Between Fire And Shadow – A Personal Journey Inspired By Horses” and
the German Publication “Südafrika vom Sattel aus” –
Lloyd Gillespie is a FGASA qualified Big 5 Field Guide/Trails Guide with 20 years of experience in the industry in Southern Africa. He has owned and operated Fishriver Horse Safaris, the Haven Horse Safaris and now In the Company of Horses. Lloyd specializes on teaching guiding from horseback and conducts practical natural horsemanship workshops focusing on relationships between horse and humans based on leadership and trust. In the Company of Horses enrols interns and apprentices on selected occasions throughout the year.
Lloyd is a member of the International Equestrian Qualification Authority of Southern Africa and certified as International Horsemaster & Equestrian Tourism Instructor. He is also a member of the Council of Equine and Equestrian Professionals of South Africa, certified as International Professional Equestrian Coach.