- FGASA Lead Horse Guide Dangerous Game and Trails Guide
- CEEPSA Professional Equestrian Coach International
- EQASA Certificate of Horsemastership & Equestrian Tourism International
Lloyd Gillespie is a FGASA qualified Big 5 Field Guide/Trails Guide with more than 20 years of experience in the industry in Southern Africa. He has owned and operated Fishriver Horse Safaris, the Haven Horse Safaris and now In the Company of Horses. Lloyd specializes on teaching guiding from horseback and conducts practical natural horsemanship workshops focusing on relationships between horse and humans based on leadership and trust. In the Company of Horses enrols interns and apprentices on selected occasions throughout the year.
Lloyd is a member of the International Equestrian Qualification Authority of Southern Africa and certified as International Horsemaster & Equestrian Tourism Instructor. He is also a member of the Council of Equine and Equestrian Professionals of South Africa, certified as International Professional Equestrian Coach. Training and teaching others about horses is one of his greatest passions in life!
- Equine Facilitated Development Coach (PGDip Leadership Development, Stellenbosch University)
- CEEPSA Qualified Equine Complementary Health Therapist
- Environmental Awareness Coach (Masters of Philosophy, Stellenbosch University)
- Eco-responsible Leadership Development (PhD Researcher, Stellenbosch University)
- Earth Awareness Consulting Environmental Educator (www.earthawareness.co.za)
Isabel has been schooled in classical dressage and showjumping in Germany, where she grew up. From 2008 she has been assisting Lloyd with the operations and management of In the Company of Horses. She is also a qualified nurse. Her focus with the horses lies in personal development, experiential learning interactions and activities for children and equine facilitated coaching for adults. Isabel’s focus is on Equine Facilitated Leadership Coaching, which is all about developing humans through the power of the horse. As part of this, she held the role of Chairperson of the South African Equine Facilitated Intervention Association from 2021 – 2023.
- Tourism Management Diploma
- Yard Supervisor & Trainee Horse Trails Guide
Charming is obsessed with horses and adventures! Charming is an easy going person, ever smiling and always ready to listen. He is fascinated by languages, he is fluent in Shona and English, he can sing in Spanish and is currently learning Italian… plus he understands many more of the African languages. He is a creative thinker, enjoys meeting new people and learning from other people and understanding their point of views.
“My friends would call me a perfectionist but I just like to maintain efficiency in everything I do and also keep my integrity intact at all times for leadership is an action not a position an author once wrote.”