With 20 years of experience in the equine industry as horse safari operators between Lloyd and Isabel, we offer specialised equine consulting and training services. Our journey with horses continuously makes us look at ourselves and we are always trying to improve our relationship with our horses. Ultimately it is about understanding ourselves and how one perceives life. We choose to ride bitless and shoeless only. Our horses are Boerperd or Boerperd crossbreds, ranging in height from about 14 to 16hands. They live out as a complete herd in Kwazulu Natal, South Africa.
- Consultations and Specialised Training (Horsemastership/Natural Body Language, Dangerous Game Guiding and other)
- Equine Facilitated Personal Development Interventions with our herd of horses
- Student Internship Placements with our herd of horses (seasonal, limited spaces)
- Wilderness and Equine facilitated learning experiences and trails (seasonal)
‘SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT’:
For an equines’ sound physiological and psychological well being, 5 basic needs should be considered at all times.
- Movement – physiologically a horse is designed to move up to 20 hours a day
- Companionship – a horse is highly sociable and gregarious and requires direct contact and interaction with other horses
- Food – physiologically a horse is designed to graze (trickle feed) at will throughout the day
- Water – physiologically a horse is designed to drink water daily
- Rest – horses require a place and space to rest in peace and safety
If any of the above are absent then this constitutes abuse! Every single interaction we have with a horse is a test of leadership and whether we are suitable leaders worthy of being followed!